Sunday, September 21, 2008

Catching Up








So, we drove to Sumrall on Friday night to watch our nephew Ryan Knight play football and receive his championship ring from the baseball season during halftime. It was much fun! Everyone in the stands..young and old had on Bobcats shirts, they were sooo into their team, I loved that. For those not sure where Sumrall is, head to Hattiesburg, turn right at Seminary and go forever...it seemed that way at the time!! Left after the ring presentation, had to work on Saturday at the nursing home.

Saturday, uneventful work day, then to the movies for a matinee showing of The Family That Preys...Tyler Perry is soooo GOOD. Most of his movies or all of them that I have seen have such good basic lessons, along with humor, drama, and emotion. Please go see this movie, Gary and I both were only disappointed that it ended before we were ready to leave...Sunday at the nursing home was more eventful as one of the residents, a very brittle diabetic was found unresponsive in the hallway, I was pulled from the dining hall to check it out and spent the next hour, pushing almost literally sweetened orange juice, granulated sugar, all after an injection was given by her nurse, when I left the room, she was once again responsive and sitting up eating her lunch!!!I love the medical field. CYA

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have wanted to be someone's Sweetie Pie since I found out that a young friend of mine's grandson called her Sweetie Pie. He shortened it to Sweetie. I first tried it out with my nephew Hunter. He played along until he outgrew it, but over the years, I have adopted in my heart many friends' children who know me by "Pie". I love it! Before long I will have new "grands" one from each of our daughters, roughly 45 days apart. January 30-Mallory, and April 18-Lauren. Very exciting!!